Monday, June 14, 2010

Ripple


Although I'm sitting on my suitcases I could not resist taking part in the Illustration Friday Challenge this week - Ripple.

The Ripple blog was started on the 45th day of the Deepwater Horizon Catastrophe. The oil spill in the Gulf is now over 50 days old with no sign of stopping. We may be too small as individuals to do some grand gesture- but together our small gestures can be grand.

This week's Illustration Friday topic is "Ripple" we are creating a small 2.5" x 3.5" sketchcard. The subject should pertain somehow to the Gulf - the oil spill - the oceans and the creatures that live in it and around it.

These will be made available for a small donation of $10.00 to either The Institute for Marine Mammal Studies (http://www.imms.org/) or The International Bird Rescue Research Center (http://www.ibrrc.org/).


I do not have a scanner any more, so I had to take a photo of my card, I hope you can imagine how much nicer it looks in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say it!